Strategic North Carolina Attorney Establishes Your Accident Case
Experienced guidance from a personal injury lawyer committed to your recovery
If you or a loved one suffered injuries resulting from an auto accident, Chafin Law Firm in Greensboro can protect your rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve. North Carolina’s at-fault laws are tough — you must have had no responsibility for the accident in order to recover damages from the other party, so it is crucial to have an attorney who knows state law and the North Carolina court system. It is in your best interest to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm is ready to review the facts of your case and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
How North Carolina law affects your auto accident claim
North Carolina is one of only a handful of states that still follows the doctrine of contributory negligence in injury cases. This means that when you are in a car accident, you are barred from recovering damages for injuries or property damage if you are found to be even the slightest bit at fault for the accident. This also means that a determination of fault will affect your insurance claim when an adjustor evaluates your case. That’s why it’s essential to have experienced representation when you’re injured in a car, truck or other vehicle accident in North Carolina.
Strong advocacy for victims of vehicle crashes
Vehicle accidents can cause a range of injuries and even death, depending on the circumstances of the crash and the types of vehicles involved. We represent people who sustain injuries as a result of vehicle accidents in North Carolina that involve:
- Car accidents — The most common type of personal injury claims are car accidents. They occur just about every day, but that’s no consolation to the victim of a crash. Our North Carolina personal injury law firm can help you gather the evidence you need and present a strong case for a settlement or verdict in your favor.
- ATV (all-terrain vehicle) accidents — ATV owners are often known adventurers who often go off the beaten path, but these vehicles present risks. Sometimes another party, such as a manufacturer or property owner, can be held legally responsible for a driver’s injuries.
- Pedestrian-related accidents — Pedestrians can suffer catastrophic injury when they’re hit by cars or other moving vehicles. Chafin Law Firm can help you prove that the driver was at fault for the harm you suffered and seek damages that fully account for your losses.
- Truck accidents — Accidents involving trucks and cars often result in serious if not fatal injuries to the occupants of the much smaller vehicles. We have the skill and experience to hold all responsible parties accountable, which may include truck drivers, trucking companies and auto parts manufacturers, by investigating whether federal regulations on truck safety were violated.
- Motorcycle accidents — A different set of legal issues is involved when dealing with a motorcycle accident, as well as some misconceptions about motorcycle riders in general. A personal injury lawyer can help you make your best case if you’ve suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle crash.
If you’ve been injured in any of these types of accidents, it’s important to know that you have a limited time to bring a personal injury claim in North Carolina. You have three years from the date of the accident to file your suit, and only two years to file a wrongful death action if the accident claimed the life of a loved one. When you’ve been injured in a North Carolina vehicle accident, our firm is prepared to offer the immediate assistance you need.
Contact an experienced North Carolina auto accident attorney for a free consultation.
When you’ve been injured in an auto, truck, pedestrian, or motorcycle accident anywhere in North Carolina, Chafin Law Firm offers the strong advocacy and committed representation you deserve. Call us at 336-660-4779 or contact us online for a free consultation at our Greensboro office.